|“||She broke my heart, and then she got sick.||”|
–Alice about Dana, "Last Word"
Their romantic feelings for each other was revealed when they kissed in "Limb from Limb", but Dana was engaged to Tonya at the time and so Alice and Dana started an affair behind Tonya's back. Dana's engagement ended in "Lagrimas de Oro", and Alice and Dana started dating officially in the next episode.
However, the return of Dana's ex-girlfriend Lara Perkins complicated things, and Dana broke up with Alice shortly after "Lacuna" so as to find closure with Lara. Alice took the break up very badly which put a big strain on their relationship. They began to repair their friendship in "Lobsters", and when Dana was diagnosed with breast cancer soon after, Alice supported her all the way until her death in "Losing the Light".
The L Word
- Alice: "The only person that I ever really loved as much as Tasha was Dana. Dana Fairbanks."
- Duffy: "And Dana broke your heart as well?"
- Alice: "She broke my heart, and then she got sick."
- -- in "Last Word"
- Tom: "What about Dana? Is she up there rooting for you?"
- Alice: "Nah, she's uh...she's too busy playing tennis."
- Tom: "She's the love of your life."
- -- in "Lake House"