"Late to the Party" is the first episode of the second season of The L Word: Generation Q. It is the ninth episode of the series overall. The episode was first released on streaming platforms on August 6, 2021, and was then broadcast on Showtime on August 8, 2021.
Bette is forced to navigate some major changes in both her personal and professional life, including a big request from Angie. Shane gets pulled into LA's high stakes, underground poker scene as Alice and Nat readjust to couple-hood. Meanwhile, Sophie, Dani and Finley all must deal with the fallout of Sophie's decision at the airport and Micah navigates his new normal following José's bombshell revelation. Season premiere.
- Rosie O'Donnell as Carrie Walsh
- Jamie Clayton as Tess Van De Berg
- Griffin Dunne as Isaac Zakarian
- Stephanie Allynne as Nat Bailey
- Carlos Leal as Rodolfo Nùñez
- Freddy Miyares as José Garcia
- Sophie Giannamore as Jordi Sanbolino
- Lena Waithe as Eddie
- Jillian Mercado as Maribel Suarez
- Laurel Holloman as Tina Kennard
See also: Category:S02E01 images (Generation Q).
Notes and trivia
- Alice says that Bette and Angie can be "the Grey Gardens of this generation"; the 1975 documentary was previously said in "Lynch Pin" (TLW 2x04) to be Mark Wayland's inspiration as a filmmaker.
- Alice asking Bette if there was any "fingering" during Bette and Gigi's date may be a callback to "Lone Star" (TLW 3x07), where a flashback showed Bette fingering Alice in public while they were on a date at the opera.