The sixth season of The L Word contains 8 episodes and aired on Showtime from January 18 to March 8, 2009. A special epilogue, The Interrogation Tapes, was released online following the series finale.
The shocking murder of Jenny is told in flashback as each characters recounts the events leading up to the crime to the police investigators; Jenny and Shane start a sizzling romance while Jenny sells another script even as the negative of her movie goes missing; Bette and Tina plan to have another child, this time through adoption; after losing The Planet, Kit opens a new nightclub with partner Helena; Alice and Tasha have compatibility issues and a mutual crush on a third party.
Cast and characters
- Jennifer Beals as Bette Porter (8 eps)
- Leisha Hailey as Alice Pieszecki (8 eps)
- Laurel Holloman as Tina Kennard (8 eps)
- Mia Kirshner as Jenny Schecter (8 eps)
- Marlee Matlin as Jodi Lerner (4 eps)
- Katherine Moennig as Shane McCutcheon (8 eps)
- Rose Rollins as Tasha Williams (8 eps)
- Daniela Sea as Max Sweeney (6 eps)
- Rachel Shelley as Helena Peabody (8 eps)
- Pam Grier as Kit Porter (8 eps)
- Kate French as Niki Stevens (6 eps)
- Roger Cross as Sunset Boulevard (6 eps)
- Alexandra Hedison as Dylan Moreland (6 eps)
- Mei Melançon as Jamie Chen (6 eps)
- Elizabeth Berkley as Kelly Wentworth (4 eps)
- Jane Lynch as Joyce Wischnia (3 eps)
- Lucy Lawless as Sgt. Marybeth Duffy (2 eps)
- Clementine Ford as Molly Kroll (2 eps)
- Janina Gavankar as Papi (1 ep)
- Guinevere Turner as Gabby Deveaux (1 ep)
- Wallace Shawn as William Halsey (1 ep)
- Holland Taylor as Peggy Peabody (1 ep)
- Karina Lombard as Marina Ferrer (1 ep)
- Dallas Roberts as Angus Partridge (1 ep)
- Kelly Lynch as Ivan Aycock (1 ep)
- Eric Mabius as Tim Haspel (1 ep)
- Sarah Shahi as Carmen de la Pica Morales (uncredited) (1 ep)
Special appearances by
- Main article: The L Word/Episode guide
Epilogue: Interrogation Tapes
- Main article: The L Word/Interrogation Tapes
Following the series finale of The L Word, Showtime released a series of seven short videos depicting Tina, Shane, Helena, Niki, Max, Alice and Bette being questioned by the police over Jenny's murder. The episodes were posted weekly on Showtime's website and served as an epilogue to season 6.
Notes and trivia
- Despite the murder-mystery set-up, the cause of Jenny's death is not revealed until the sequel series episode "Less Is More" (GQ 1x02).
- This season takes place over a three-month period, starting from the immediate aftermath of the Lez Girls wrap party to Jenny's death.
- The L Word, 6x01: "Long Night's Journey Into Day".